OVER 50 YEARS OF
INNOVATION IN PLASTICS!
In 1907, Leo Hendrik Baekeland developed a material consisting of phenol and formaldehyde that could be moulded into any shape required and was also heat and acid resistant. The scientist had developed the first fully artificially produced substance in history, Bakelite.
While use of Bakelite was still relatively rare in 1907, modern life is virtually unthinkable without plastics. No wonder, as plastics have become a powerful and flexible material and can be used in all industries.
In the past 50 years, Centroplast has developed into an expert and reliable manufacturer and processor of plastics.
- originally named Gleitstoff-Gesellschaft mbH & Co KG
- Plastics processing begins at the Marsberg location
Company renamed Centroplast Kunststofferzeugnisse GmbH
Production of semi-finished plastic products (sheets, rods, plates) and finished plastic parts via machining
Production expertise expanded with the calendering process (foils and sheets from 0.3 to 8.0 mm thick)
Expansion of production expertise for tubes with the vacuum calibration process
Expansion of production of high-performance plastics
Successful DIN ISO 9001 certification
Coordinate measurement system commissioned
Centroplast becomes part of Centrotec AG
Company renamed Centroplast Engineering Plastics GmbH
Expansion of processing facilities with 5-axis CNC machining centres
Expansion of production area
Introduction of 3D printing as a manufacturing process
Expansion and professionalisation of internal processes:
- Successful certification per the latest requirements of DIN ISO 9001:2015
- Material development department established
- Project management system introduced
- Sales department becomes Customer Service
- Establishment of in-house laboratory
- New ERP system introduced